Summer means BBQ’s and beautiful food – And at my Nanny’s house as a child I was always reminded of this “eat my sweetheart eat”. So needless to say this is one of my Nanny Gisella’s recipes
Family Meals are always a great time to catch up enjoy great food and fantastic company
1/2 kg Small Chat Potatoes
250gm short Bacon
2 handfuls of Baby Spinach
125g-250g of whole egg Mayonnaise
1 Eschallot strand
- Firstly cut small red chat potatoes in half and place into large saucepan boil until you can just push a for through, you don’t want them to mushy! once cooked drain and leave on a plate to cool.
- While potatoes are cooling dice the short bacon and fry until golden and a little crispy
- shred eschallot into small pieces
- Combine once cooled the potato then add the bacon eschallots and whole egg mayonnaise to desired creaminess. Once well combined mix through your couple of handfuls of baby spinach leaves.
- Take out of you ‘gruby’ mixing bowl and place on a beautiful plate to be enjoyed by all.
Leftovers if there are any never last long in the fridge with this recipe.